Summer is coming, here comes the time for festivals, parties and sporting events that will brighten up your stay at our Chalet-Hotel les Gentianettes. Sometimes it’s hard to know what to do around you during your stay at our hotel. In this article, let’s take a look at the agenda for this summer 2023, a busy summer season in Haute-Savoie, in the Evian country and the Abondance Valley. The activities offered are generally located 30-40 kilometres from the hotel. Discover the events of the region not to be missed this summer!
Agenda Pays d'Évian Vallée d'Abondance: the must-haves of this summer 2023
What to do in the country of Evian and the valley of abundance between late June and mid-July 2023?
- The weekend of June 23, 24 and 25, 2023: Appointment on the Portes du Soleil, for the 19th edition of Pass'Portes mountain bikes.
Discover the mountain and its breathtaking alpine landscapes by participating in the next edition of Pass'Portes mountain bikes. This mountain biking and mountain biking tour takes place in one of the largest ski areas in Europe: the Portes du Soleil area. Adventure lovers, discover through France and Switzerland a route of more than 80 km. This event is for the whole family: children from 9 to 14 years can participate in their own way, with a smaller route, thanks to the Pass'Portes Kids. Mountain bike departures closest to the hotel: Châtel or Morgins.
In July, Music in all these states:
- From June 30 to July 16, 2023, THE MONTREUX FESTIVAL.
The Montreux Jazz Festival, in Montreux, Switzerland, is a 50-minute drive from the Chapelle d'Abondance. Enjoy some forty LIVE concerts of various musical styles with:
Bob Dylan, Lionel Richee, Lil Nas X, SAM Smith, Christine & The Queens, Iggy Pop, Norah Jones, Seal, Ava Max, The Blaze, Nile Rodgers.
Many eclectic groups will be present during these two weeks to ambiancer your holiday around Lake Geneva.
- July 7, 2023 on the terrace of the Gentianettes, concert Bossa Nova by NA+NA
- On 13, 14, 15 July 2023 LE MONJOUX FESTIVAL
In Thonon les Bains, LE MONTJOUX FESTIVAL will take place for the first time in the heart of the Chateau de Ripaille estate in a majestic and emblematic setting of Chablais.
With again beautiful heads of posters: Orelsan, Angèle and M in particular.
- July 16-19, 2023: Children’s Happiness and Theatre and Circus Week.
Enjoy your stay in the Gentianettes to please your children with the festival Châtel returns to childhood. The village offers four days of entertainment on the theme of the fair, for children, with a show every evening! Châtel is 5 minutes from our Chalet-hotel les Gentianettes. This week, share unique family moments in our family rooms.
- From 22 to 23 July 2023, the Châtel Chablais Leman Race, a bike race in the footsteps of the Tour de France for this fourth edition
The first weekend of July, after a sweet night in one of our rooms, why not participate in the Cyclosportive Châtel Léman Race in a beautiful setting between Switzerland and France! Through sumptuous landscapes crossing the Chablais and the charming village of Châtel, you can choose one of the four routes according to your level. After a nice race, come and relax in our Spa and our practitioners will be at your disposal.
- 23 July 2023: 7th edition of the Balade Gourmande in La Chapelle d'Abondance
Along the Dranse, the river that crosses the Abondance valley. Come stroll along the footpaths along the water, gourmet exhibitors and local artisans. Entertainment and shows around the Léman Eagles. Discover the history and agropastoralism of the village and the Valley of Abondance.
- From 27 to 30 July 2023, place at the international women’s major golf tournament: Amundi Evian Championship
The last week of July is definitely rich in events in the Abondance Valley, in the department of Haute-Savoie in France. This time, it is in Evian that a major event of women’s golf takes place: the Amundi Evian Championship, one of the 5 major tournaments of world women’s golf held every year on the French shores of Lake Geneva. Our hotel **** les Gentianettes ensures a peaceful stay, about 30 kilometres from the route where you can already book your tickets.
- From August 3 to 6, 2023, the macadam fondue festival gives you an appointment in Thonon-les-Bains for a week of performing arts.
This year, in addition to a visit to the charming town of Thonon-les-Bains, come and experience a unique cultural moment at the macadam fondue festival. For 5 days, immerse yourself in the creative madness of the living arts. A program of 150 performances awaits you: music, theatre, dance, street arts, circus, puppet shows, performances… So many reasons to go with friends or family and enjoy this show to stay the first week of August at the Chalet-Hotel les Gentianettes.
The first week of August is circus week in our village. On Monday, August 7, children can attend the circus school in the Chapelle d'Abondance.
- August 11-13, 2023: Coupe de France de VTT de DESCENTE at Châtel Mountain Bike Park.
- On August 20, 2023, La BELLE DIMANCHE, the Alpine festival: a traditional Savoyard festival
Immerse yourself in the heart of Savoyard folklore by taking part on August 20, 2023 in the 44th edition of Belle Dimanche, the Alpine festival. Folklos music, local craftsmanship, bands bandas, etc. Meet in Châtel at the Plaine Dranse and enjoy an authentic journey of Savoyard traditions.
- 27 August 2023: Gathering of Ancient Vehicles at the Chapelle d'Abondance, guest of honor of the 74th Company.
Notice to car fans and especially this year’s military vehicle a rally of cars from all walks of life awaits you.
On the program: a parade of cars, an exhibition of vintage vehicles and meetings with drivers.
- August 31 to September 2, 2023: 75th edition of the Rallye du Mont-Blanc
To end your holiday in beauty, full gas at the Mont-Blanc Morzine rally. Also discover the rally dedicated to HCV (historic racing vehicle) and the regularity rally.
- Châtel on Wednesday mornings
- La Chapelle d'Abondance on Friday mornings and night market on Tuesday evenings
- Abondance: Sunday mornings
This summer 2022 is rich in the Portes du Soleil and the Evian and Abondance Valley with all these events! In addition to a dynamic 2022 agenda, between two events or after an evening full of emotions, recharge your batteries in our hotel with our cocooning rooms, our SPA area or in one of our two restaurants.
One thing to do: contact us directly!